Tuesday, May 03, 2005

I'm tired and I ache

I got a good night's sleep Friday night and then spent Saturday evening at Borders picking up a couple of books. I had gone looking for a couple of O'Reilly books. I only bought one of them though. The other one only seemed to have about 20 (out of 350+) pages which covered anything I was interested in. It was OK though, the coupon I had was only good for 30% off one of them anyway.

From there I went and met up with some people from work. One of them is in a band called Stout and the rest of us were going to listen to them play and generally support them.

It was a good show at a small venue. And it felt good to get out of the house. Especially since my depression was kicking in a bit in the days leading up to this. I was glad I got out of the house to go to Borders, making it to the show was just that much better.

The problems started later that night. After I got home I had a hard time sleeping. I was tossing and turning, and got less than 6 hours sleep.

Feeling very tired on Sunday, I still managed to make it through the day and felt wide awake by the evening. Of course I still felt wide awake that night, right through until I left for work Monday morning.

It is not easy to make it through a full day of work without having slept the night before. I think I managed, but I am not entirely sure. I know I came close to nodding off a few times.

Anyway, I made it to the end of the day and headed home. Windows down, cool wind whipping through the truck to keep me awake.

Once home I figured it would not be a good idea to cook something because of the very real possibility of burning the place if I fell asleep while it was still on the stove. So I ordered Chinese. And promptly nodded off in the living room while waiting for it to arrive and the again when I was through eating.

I woke up hours later, staggered to my room, and collapsed into the bed.

Waking up this morning I found I had slept through my alarms (I had set 4 at different times just to make sure) but somehow managed to make it to work without being TOO late.

Hopefully this will help straighten out my internal clock rather than screw it up further.

And even though I managed to shake off the last of the sleep which kept hanging on for the first few hours of work, I have not yet managed to shake the aches my body picked up from being that tired.

Any suggestions? (Other than the obvious "Get some sleep.")


  1. Hm... a walloping load of beers before bed might have helped you sleep. Or made you get up 16,000 times to go to the bathroom.

    Sorry, that was less than helpful.


  2. Less than you know.

    I can't drink beer, I'm alergic to the hops. However, I can (and do) drink other things like rum and mead.

    Maybe I'll give that a try. Should probably wait until the weekend though.